In consultation with the Chancellor and Provost, the DEI Advisory Committee has piloted a faculty Equity Advisor program in CNAS, SOM, GSOE & SPP. The selection committee composed of our four piloting Deans and the DEI Advisory Committee has appointed five new Equity Advisors. All faculty Equity Advisors are trained centrally by the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with input from related campus offices. Each Equity Advisor will report to their respective Dean.
All Equity Advisors work within their colleges to:
- Work collaboratively with the AVC-DEI, Deans, Department Chairs, VPAP and search committees to identify and encourage best practices for faculty recruitment and retention
- Work with the Graduate Advisors to improve graduate student success
- Provide leadership in matters of equity, diversity and inclusion within their colleges to administrators, faculty, and staff
- Conceivably assist the Dean in research on issues of pay equity with Academic Personnel and Human Resources
- Provide formal and informal mentoring
CHASS, BCOE, and School of Business will roll out the Equity Advisor Program in AY 2019-2020.