In consultation with the Chancellor and Provost, the DEI Advisory Committee has piloted a faculty Equity Advisor program in CNAS, SOM, GSOE & SPP. The selection committee composed of our four piloting Deans and the DEI Advisory Committee has appointed five new Equity Advisors. Each Equity Advisor will report to their respective Dean.
All Equity Advisors work within their colleges to:
- Work collaboratively with the AVC-DI, Deans, Department Chairs, VPAP and search committees to identify and encourage best practices for faculty recruitment and retention
- Work with the Graduate Advisors to improve graduate student success
- Provide leadership in matters of equity, diversity and inclusion within their colleges to both administrators and faculty
- Conceivably assist the Dean in research on issues of pay equity, etc.
- Provide formal and informal mentoring
CHASS, BCOE, and School of Business will roll out the Equity Advisor Program in AY 2019-2020.