The University of California Riverside Disability Network was established in 2021 to build a community of people with disabilities and their allies and increase awareness of issues related to disabilities, especially in professional settings. The mission of UCR Disability Network is to provide advocacy and informational resources as well as to cultivate the disability community through engagement, mentorship, and peer support.
This group is open to UCR staff and faculty who identify as a person experiencing disability and their allies. Students who have questions about classroom and exam accommodations are advised to contact Student Disability Resource Center at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disability Network at the University of California Riverside strives to do the following:
- Increase awareness of issues related to disabilities and the unique experiences of people with disabilities, especially in professional settings.
- Build a community of people with any type of disability and their allies through social activities, gatherings, and mentorship.
- Create a personal and professional network for all UCR faculty and staff with any type of disability and their allies to promote recruitment, retention, and career advancement for people with disabilities.
- To promote educational opportunities for any UCR member on issues related to disabilities through workshops, panels, and social activities.
- To provide guidance for UCR members or job applicants with disabilities on resources available to them at UCR.
If you would like to join UCR Disability Network, please fill out the interest form . For questions, email us directly.