The VC & Chief Diversity Officer chairs a number of committees related to UCR's diversity, equity and inclusion efforts. Click the link below to learn about some of the ongoing committees.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) Climate Council
- Promotes, supports and advocates for the vision and values around diversity, equity and inclusion at all levels of the University, including nurturing a culture of ethics and accountability.
- Identifies barriers to achieving greater diversity, equal opportunity, and an inclusive environment at UC Riverside and provides recommendations on how to overcome those barriers.
- Considers possible forms of address beyond investigation with regard to multiple types and levels of conduct inconsistent with an inclusive, respectful climate, including bias, racism, gender and sexual harassment, bullying, and other forms of discrimination and abuse of power.
- Advocates for positive changes at structural/policy levels, as well as with individuals and small groups. This can include:
- Cultivating awareness of programs, policies and processes to increase diversity and ensure equal opportunity and inclusive culture
- Referring individuals and groups to the relevant offices on campus and/or collaborating with various resource offices to provide training and support
- Developing and disseminating metrics measuring our progress toward climate goals
- Advises senior leaders on diversity, equity and inclusion goals, strategies, plans, and campus climate conditions.
- Is comprised of students, faculty and staff from across academic colleges and administrative organizational divisions of UC Riverside.