Staff Diversity Statistics
Data Source: Infocenter, UC Office of the President Use the side-panel to select the Riverside campus and determine which other variables you would like to view. This dashboard will always default to the "All Campuses" view.
This block is broken or missing. You may be missing content or you might need to enable the original module.
UC remains dedicated to building a more diverse workforce, particularly those from under-represented racial and ethnic populations in the U.S. A more diverse academic and staff population is an increasingly important measure of a great university.
- Two or more races/ethnicities was collected beginning in 2010 to align with federal reporting requirements.
- In 2010, UC re-categorized some academic administrators (mostly deans) from SMG staff to academics.
- Workforce headcounts and an explanation of the methodology behind the personnel categories can be found on the employee headcount dashboard: https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/infocenter/uc-employee-headcount
- The effective size of UC's workforce in terms of full-time-equivalent (FTE) employees can be found on the FTE dashboard: https://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/infocenter/employee-fte
- Employee groupings are based on Class-Title-Outline (CTO) code. More information can be found here: https://accountability.universityofcalifornia.edu/glossary.html#table3
- Years with fewer than five individuals will not display in the charts.
- Data is sourced from the Corporate Personnel System.
- In September 2018, programming improvements to the dataset reduced the number of employees with "Unknown" race/ethnicity by incorporating additional race/ethnicity information. For that reason, figures published or produced before that time may not align with current figures.